Recognizing that one of the most important factors in school success is the capabilities of the adults who promote young children’s growth and learning, VECF is pleased to be part of an exciting new initiative to support one of Virginia’s most valuable workforces – early childhood professionals. VECF will administer a scholarship program - Project Pathfinders - designed to increase the skills of early childhood professionals in preschool and child care settings by accessing community college coursework and credentials. Thanks to funding made available in the 2019-2020 biennial budget by Governor Northam and the 2018 General Assembly, we look forward to the opportunity to ensure that Virginia has the best trained early education workforce.
Application Options for Pathfinders Funding
MARCH 15 - APRIL 30 is the Summer Semester 2021 funding application window
Read the definitions below and make sure you select the application that correctly applies to your current educational situation after creating and/or logging into your Pathfinders account.
Community College Early Childhood Programs - application is for those:
- currently employed working with infants, toddlers, and / or preschoolers and
- working towards completing an Early Childhood certificate or AAS degree at a VA community college.
4-year College Bachelors' Degree - application is for those:
- who are currently employed working with infants, toddlers, and / or preschoolers,
- who have already graduated from a VA community college with the newer/transferable/2+2 EC AAS degree, and
- who plan to now continue their education towards seeking the Early Childhood Bachelors' Degree at one of these colleges: James Madison, George Mason, Longwood, or Bluefield.
Note: If you are eligible to apply for the Bachelor's Degree scholarship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the access code to this online application.
High School Dual Enrollment Program - application is for those:
- who are currently attending high school and
- who are officially enrolled in their high school's Early Childhood dual enrollment program.
Pathfinders Informational Materials: