Participation in high quality early childhood programs can effectively support the school readiness of at-risk children. With Virginia’s recent award of a three-year federal Preschool Development Grant (PDG B-5) and Governor Northam’s proposed $95 million in new early childhood investments, a variety of potential opportunities exist for communities to expand and improve early education for at-risk children while strengthening their local early childhood system.
In order to help communities increase the opportunities for young children and their families to benefit, communities will have the opportunity to apply to participate in PDG B-5 and/or Mixed Delivery. *
*The Mixed Delivery opportunity described here is pending current state legislative/budget decisions.
- February 18, 2020 - Early Childhood Stakeholder Update Call – Register Here
- February 21, 2020 - LOI Released
- February 24, 2020 at 2pm – LOI Informational Webinar - Register Here
- February 28 – May 15, 2020, Fridays at 9am – PDG/MD Weekly Q&A Sessions - Register Here
- March 2 – 11, 2020 – Individual TA sessions for applicants by phone, as requested - Sign-up Here
- March 4, 2020 at 3pm – TA Session - Register Here
- TBD – Additional TA opportunities, as needed
- March 20, 2020 – LOIs due by 5pm
- March 20 -31, 2020 – LOI Evaluation Process
- March 31, 2020 – Notification of Invitation to Apply
- April 1, 2020 - Applications Released
- May 20, 2020 - Applications due by 5pm
- First week of June - PDG and MD grants announced
- July 1, 2020 - Grant funding begins
PDG/MDG LOI Information
More information coming soon. In the meantime, view our PDG page.
Mixed Delivery Materials
More information coming soon. In the meantime, view our Mixed Delivery page to learn about current Mixed Delivery grantees.
VPI Expansion and Enhancement - VDOE Q&A Webinars
Click here to view Superintendent Lane's memo outlining dates from webinar series.
Technical Assistance Materials
Early Childhood Stakeholder Update Call - February 18, 2020
Letter of Intent (LOI) Informational Webinar - February 24, 2020