Early Childhood and the 2020 General Assembly Session
Building on a growing understanding of the importance of the early years and bipartisan support for school readiness, the 2020 General Assembly Session has the potential to bring transformational change to Virginia’s early childhood landscape.
As Virginia’s public-private partner for school readiness, VECF is privileged to partner with a wide range of stakeholders - communities, state and local agencies, Head Start, early educators, higher education, philanthropy, and the business community - to create equitable opportunities for Virginia’s youngest children and families.
As policy and funding proposals are considered over the next sixty days, VECF wants to ensure that our many and diverse partners across the state have access to the latest information and resources related to the 2020 session and to support their efforts to be active and informed early childhood champions.
Resources related to budget and legislation proposals will be updated frequently throughout the session. In addition, VECF will continue to host stakeholder calls every two weeks to provide an opportunity for real-time updates, engagement, and feedback.
Governor Northam’s Proposed Budget
- Governor’s Press Release Announcing Historic Investment in Early Childhood
- Introduced Budget Bill (HB30/SB30)
- EC Budget Summary (VECF)
- VPI and Mixed-Delivery Budget Language
- EC - Related Member Budget Amendments
- Early Childhood Related Bills (status will be updated periodically)
- Legislation to Unify Virginia’s Early Childhood System (HB 1012/SB 578)
- VECF Talking Points
- Administration’s Dropbox of Resources: FAQs, Summaries, One Pagers Just Added - Locality Profiles
- House and Senate Committee Membership List
Please register below.
- January 14 at 9am with guest, Jenna Conway
- February 4 at 9am
- February 18 at 9am - Learn more about PDG B-5 and Mixed-Delivery Grants REGISTER
- March 3 at 9am REGISTER
- March 17 at 9am - Coordinated Enrollment REGISTER
VPI Expansion and Enhancement - Questions and Answers Webinars
Click here to view Superintendent Lane's memo outlining dates from webinar series.